Valentines Day Tutorial {Drugstore}

Hey lovelies,

I thought I'd upload a valentines day make-up tutorial (there will be some outfit ideas at the bottom if any of you are super stuck!). This mainly contains drugstore products but I will leave a few options which you can swap. I've also added a picture of both my sister and I wearing the make-up look so you can see how it looks on people with different skin tones, especially as she's more warm toned and just a different face! I tried to make this look quite youthful and glowing as I wanted to express when you're in love everything seems that much brighter and better! Obviously, I included the colour pink, but not too worry if you're not a major fan of pinks it's a very neutral, light pink and compliments any eye colour - especially blue/green ones.

My sister
Close Up of the Eye Make-Up














Steps

  1. Firstly I applied a moisturiser with an SPF (as it's super important to protect your face!). I used Amie's 'Skin Shield', £5.95, although I'm not a major fan of this. 
  2. I applied a primer next to fill in any pores, lines and to maintain the fresh look. I used Seventeen's 'Flawless Poreless Primer', £5.99.
  3. Thirdly, I applied my foundation using my beauty blender into the skin to give a flawless, natural complexion. Even though I want a glowy look I tried to use a plain foundation as I like to control and add where the glow goes, if that makes any sense? Also, I wanted medium coverage to give that flawless look! I used Revlon's 'ColorStay Foundation' for combination/oily skin, £10.65. But if you want something more natural (maybe you already have perfect skin) I recommend Garnier's 'Daily All In One BB Cream' , £7.99.
  4. Next was concealer which I just covered any blemishes and used for my awful dark circles. I used Rimmel's 'Wake Me Up Concealer', £5.49.
  5. Powder is ultimately next and I used Rimmel's 'Stay Matte Pressed Powder', £3.99.
  6. Sixth, is the dreaded brows! I used a spoolie brush to brush them through and then using an angled eye brush I applied brow powder to fill them in but maintain the texture keeping them as natural as possible. I used ELF's 'Studio Eyebrow Kit', £3.75.
  7. Next is the eye's and this is quite an extensive list and I will try my best to describe how I created the look! First I applied a base to hide my vein-ey eyelids and to enhance the eyeshadows, I used Benefit's 'Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow' in 'RSVP', £15.50. Then I went on to use Sleek's 'I-Divine' Eyeshadow Palette in 'Oh So Special', £7.99.Firstly, using a sigma flat shader brush I applied 'Bow' (the white colour) as a highlighter on my brow bone and the inner corners of my eye. Secondly, using the same brush I applied the light, shimmery pink next to 'Bow' called 'Organza' on the inner third of my eye - just until your pupil starts. Thirdly, I applied the other darker, shimmery pink below 'Organza' called 'Gateau' using the same brush to the rest of my eye. Then using a crease brush I used both of the matte pinks (very lightly), called 'Ribbon' and 'Pamper' as a transition colour and to soften the look. Finally using a blending brush I blended all the eyeshadows together!
  8. Now, I added a flick using a black liquid eyeliner (you don't have to if you don't want to) using Kat Von D's 'Tattoo Liner' in 'Trooper' for $18, a cheap alternative is Maybelline's 'Precise Liner' for £5.99.
  9. Then to contour I used the brush that comes with Benefit's Hoola bronzer with ELF's 'Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder' in 'St. Lucia' for £3.75. I didn't use this to warm up the face it was just to give a very light definition, of which I applied in the hollows of my cheeks (yes you have to make the stupid duck face).
  10. Next, I added a light pink to my cheeks, I used Benefit's 'Posietint' as it's a tint so it lasts ages and looks extremely natural, for £24.50. But, if you're finding you want something cheaper and still natural I recommend a cream blush such as Topshop's in 'Afternoon Tea' for £6.00.
  11. Now, ultimately add a bit more glow with highlighting, I applied this just on the tops of my cheek bones, I used Topshop's 'Glow Highlighter' in 'Polish' for £9.00. As it's a cream I feel it looks more natural and pigmented than a powder.
  12. Second to last, is lips and I have a few options. You can either have a very natural lip (which both me and my sister are rocking) using a pink tinted lip balm, for example Maybelline's 'Baby Lips' in 'Pink Punch' for £2.99. Or, you could gloss it up with a nice pink lipgloss, such as Avon's 'Plump Pout Lipgloss' in 'Pink Pucker' for £2.99. Or, you could dramatize the look by adding a dark wine coloured lipstick, i.e. Topshop's lipstick in 'Beguiled' for £8.
  13. Finally, is eyelashes! Now I didn't add any fake eyelashes but you're welcome to, I'd probably sway for something quite romantic and fluttery. But mascara wise I tried to use a thickening mascara to give a wide-eyed, fluttery, romantic kind-of-look. I used, Max Factor's 'Clump Defy Mascara' in Black for £10.99.
Valentines Day Oufit Ideas

Thank you for reading lovelies,
Sorry the list was quite long but I wanted to make sure it was detailed enough so that anyone could follow it easily and you had options if you wanted to try something different!
Please comment if you gave it a go or tweet me a picture (@SmallFry_xox), also please subscribe and follow me on BlogLovin!
Victoria Louise x

Here's me with the same makeup look but with a dark colour through the crease 


No comments:

Post a Comment