Mane 'n Tail Shampoo + Conditioner Review

Hey lovelies,
I thought I'd do a review on a new shampoo and conditioner I've been using for the past three months. Now, this isn't any ordinary shampoo and conditioner as this can also be used on horses! Weird, right? Now, when I first purchased the shampoo and conditioner I didn't actually realise it could be used on horses, I just thought they were marketing it that way, silly me. So, once I got over the craziness of using hair products that could also be used on a horses mane I got round to using it properly and not freaking out everytime I lathered the product in my hair.

The Background Basics

Just to make it clear to anyone reading this review; I have very thick hair that's slightly dry at the ends and can get tangled pretty easily. My hair is also pretty long and has recently been dyed - but when using this product my hair was all natural. I washed my hair with these products about 2-3 times a week as normally the third time I would swap a few of them round for either a deep conditioning treatment or a cleansing shampoo.

The Original Mane 'n Tail Shampoo, buy here for £7.00

Mane 'n Tail states the shampoo is supposed to help to
maintain and achieve fuller, stronger, longer, healthier-looking hair.
Now, I already have long, full hair so I didn't notice a major difference with the fullness of my hair but surprisingly my hair has grown quite a bit using this (and the conditioner)! I've had multiple people comment on how long my hair has grown and quite a few people ask if my hair is my own, natural length or if I've got extensions in. I also have quite a sensitive scalp and surprisingly this product hasn't irritated my sensitive skin - which is great!
But, I must admit it hasn't made a major difference to the strength nor health of my hair. Unlike the 'Lee Stafford Hair Growth', see review here, products that I could notice a massive difference after the first use. Especially, as price difference wise the Lee Stafford product is cheaper, only by 1p, and therefore surely you'd expect the mane 'n tail to have similar effects. But you do get a truck load of more product. Furthermore, I don't really enjoy the smell of the shampoo which for me is a massive must with hair products. I find it smells a tad floral-y, but if anything it smells of pretty much nothing. So, if you enjoy unscented products then this is it for you. but for me I wanted something you could actually smell!

The Original Mane 'n Tail Conditioner, buy here for £7.00

 Mane 'n Tail claims the conditioner is supposed to
promote stronger, fuller, moisturised, healthier looking hair.
Now, out of the two products this is definitely my favourite. I feel it is lovely and moisturising and like both products is suitable for any, and all hair types due to it being so gentle. I'd say yet again it's a pretty simple conditioner and doesn't have any magical properties that would lead me to repurchase. My only major downside to this product is that it's not brilliant at detangling which is quite a big issue for me, especially as I comb through my conditioner whilst in the shower and do not enjoy ripping half my hair out.


Overall, I wouldn't massively recommend this product due to the fact it's pretty pricey to say it doesn't really do much. But, this is definitely safe for any hair type so if you've got a sensitive scalp or are struggling to find a basic shampoo and conditioner that does the necessities then this is it, as long as you can get past the horse part.

Thank you for reading!
Please don't forget to subscribe/follow me on BlogLovin and also don't forget to make the most of the link on my side toolbar where you can get £5 off your Feel Unique purchase!
Victoria Louise x

4 comments:

  1. Have read really mixed reviews on this one, most people agree on the smell not being nice though. That's what has always put me off

    Over on my blog I am having a YSL, Real Techniques and Barry M giveaway

    http://www.milliecbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/real-techniques-ysl-and-barry-m-giveaway.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wouldn't get it if you love a good smelling hair products! There's much better products out there with nicer smells!x

      Delete
  2. Just followed your lovely blog on Google + x

    ReplyDelete