Random June Favourites

Hey lovelies,
I thought I'd do a quick side post just on my random favourites of June!

Music

My favourite album this month has been George Ezra's 'Wanted On A Voyage' album. It is honestly amazing! This guy can sing and has such an unusual, catchy take on music. My two favourites at the moment are 'Budapest' and 'Song 6'.
My favourite music single of the month has been 'Rescue Me' by You Me At Six featuring Chiddy. This is an old favourite of mine that has recently resurfaced for personal reasons, but honestly I just really love this tune. It's a great song to dance and rock out to when home alone.
 

Film

My favourite film of the month has undoubtedly been 'The Fault In Our Stars'. I adored this book and the film was no-where near a disappointment. I must admit, as cliche as it sounds, the book was better but the film was still amazing and had me sobbing uncontrollably by the end!

TV 

My favourite on the TV at the moment is the series 'Nashville'. I've only just recently discovered this and why did I honestly not start watching it earlier?! It's based in Nashville, obviously, and centers around two big, female country singers and the problems and difficulties they face. It has good music, drama, romance, tears and deals with everyday issues. Furthermore, I like the eye-opening view it gives on celebrities and how their everyday actions are dealt with surrounding the media.

Books

My two favourite books of the month are 'Fangirl' by Rainbow Rowell. Now, I did read this a while back, hipster over here, but none-the-less I couldn't not mention this! I adore anything Rowell writes and this was no exception, even more so the changes in her life are also happening in my life so it was great to find something so current to my own struggles. Furthermore, this is the one book that has actually made me sob and laugh out loud all in one, sad I know. This is just such a relatable book and I recommend it to anyone and everyone - I BEG YOU TO READ IT.
My second book is one I have read recently and it's 'Burn For Burn' by Jenny Han. Honestly, I was super surprised by this book as I didn't really know how much I would like this book, but hell I loved it. It's centering around revenge and girl power, but it also has some deep messages hidden within the plot and leaves you dying for more with the second book, that I sadly haven't been able to get my hands on yet *sobs*.

Quote

My favourite quote of the month is actually a poem called 'We Were Emergencies' by Buddy Wakefield and I honestly think this piece is just so beautiful:

We can stick anything into the fog
and make it look like a ghostbut tonightlet us not become tragedies.We are not funeral homeswith propane tanks in our windows,lookin’ like cemeteries.Cemeteries are just the Earth’s way of not letting go.Let go.
let’s turn our silly wrists so far backwards
the razor blades in our pencil tips
can’t get a good angle on all that beauty inside.
Step into this
with your airplane parts.
Move forward
and repeat after me with your heart:
like you know I am better
than the worst thing I ever did.
Go slow.
I’m new to this.
But I have seen nearly every city from a rooftop
without jumping.
I have realized
did not have to be full for us to love it,
that we are not tragedies
stranded here beneath it,
that if my heart
really broke
every time I fell from love
I’d be able to offer you confetti by now.
y’all,
they bruise and get better.
We were never tragedies.
We were emergencies.
You call 9 – 1 – 1.
Tell them I’m having a fantastic time.


Tonight
“I no longer need you to fuck me as hard as I hated myself.”
Make love to me
that the moon
But hearts don’t break,

Favourite YouTuber

And last but not least is my favourite YouTuber of the month, which is VelvetGh0st. So go check her out!

Thank you for reading!
Please don't hesitate to comment and follow me on BlogLovin!
Victoria Louise x

No comments:

Post a Comment