LUSH Love Lettuce Fresh Face Mask Review

Hey lovelies,

On my blog today is a review featuring the 'Love Lettuce' mask by LUSH, which claims:
Brighten your complexion with nutrient-rich agar seaweed gel, soothing and moisturising honey and almond oil, and gently exfoliating almond shells. This mask is simply fragranced with French lavender, which has a calming effect on the mind and helps to balance the skin’s sebum production. 

As soon as I read the description highlighting it's suggested for normal-to-oily skin types I was completely hooked. Especially as it's supposed to balance sebum production and give a calming effect - which is perfect for my sensitive - combination skin.

Overall, I really enjoyed this mask! I wouldn't say the smell is as amazing as some of the other face masks LUSH sell, for example the cupcake mask. But, overtime the smell actually did grow on me and I wasn't opposed to it after my third use. Also, I adore the slight exfoliation this mask gives to the skin as it's effective enough to leave my skin soft and smooth to touch, but it doesn't leave it rough, red or dry afterwards! I normally leave my LUSH Fresh Face Masks on my face for around 20 minutes depending on what I'm doing during the day and how much time I have to let it set on my face. I found this masks also did give me a slight glow - but I must state this wasn't a massive change! But, I feel this is perfect for oily skin types out there as I find moisturising masks which usually I have to look for to give me that glow, leave my skin super oily and greasy in a few hours afterwards. Something this mask didn't do.

But, I must state that sensitive skin may want to be weary as even though the exfoliating element is quite gentle it was sometimes a bit too harsh for me on my cheeks - which are my more sensitive, drier areas. 
Furthermore, the fact it's green is great for that old-school face mask feel but meant I had to be super careful moving around when I had this on as green is a damn hard colour to get out!I would recommend this to anyone with oily skin to combination skin and I will definitely be picking up another one of these next time I'm in LUSH! P.S. If you're interested I have reviewed a few other of Lush's face masks including; Cupcake | Link, Dark Angels Cleanser | Link and Cosmetic Warrior | Link.

Thank you for reading,



No comments:

Post a Comment