Clarins HydraQuench Lotion SPF 15 Review

Hey lovelies!
Today my post is reviewing the Clarins lotion I bought after receiving a facial from them on my birthday last year! (The facials are honestly amazing!)

I was recommended this moisturiser due to the fact I have combination skin, that even though it's pretty darn oily it's extremely dehydrated around the cheek area. Therefore, the lovely lady I had told me it's more important that I keep my skin hydrated before I try controlling my oil - as hydrating my skin should help that anyway. She recommended me the lotion as it's much lighter and more suitable for everyday use compared to the creams and gels that are also in the HydraQuench line.











Review

Now onto the review, overall I have a love-hate relationship with this moisturiser, giving it an overall rating of 4 stars.


Link



I really loved this lotion because it did make a massive difference to my skin leaving my whole face super soft and smooth all over after applying it and hours later into the day. Therefore, meaning the dehydrated parts of my face (especially my cheeks) have been a lot less dehydrated and more plump which is great for days when I'm not wearing any make-up. It also didn't irritate my skin nor break me out, this means a lot to me as I have super sensitive skin. Also, the fact it's extremely lightweight and contains SPF 15 means it's a great daytime moisturiser. This leads me onto the scent, the smell of this lotion isn't amazing but I don't hate it either. The smell mainly reminds me of sunscreen (most probably due to the SPF in the lotion.) I also adore the packaging of this product as it's so easy and mess-free to use, with it clearly displaying how much product is left (so you know when you need to go out and buy another). Also the inside part lifts up with use, meaning you get to use up every last drop!

But, there were also things about this moisturiser that I didn't like. For example, the fact it only has SPF 15 isn't enough for my pale, sensitive skin. Even though I live in the UK and we hardly get any sun as it is, I prefer to have a moisturiser with an SPF around the 25 area. Also, I've found that even though it's a lotion and is extremely lightweight it hasn't helped at all with my oily areas, still leaving me a slippery mess around my nose (not attractive.)  Furthermore, I'm not a massive fan of how it sits under makeup and actually prefer using this when I'm going bare faced as some of my reliable, loved foundations turned into a mess when I applied them after this. It can also take quite a while to sink in, which is honestly quite shocking when you feel how light it is, especially if I apply it to a damp face - something I normally do. As, I like to apply my moisturisers straight after washing my face to lock in moisturiser. Although Caroline Hirons, skincare guru, has made a point that moisturisers that do sink in immediately to the skin aren't normally the best actually for your skin.





So, overall I don't think I will repurchase this product - but I do recommend anyway with normal to combination skin that struggles with sensitivity and dehydration to try this product! If you are interested in buying this moisturiser you can purchase it here.


Thank you for reading,