End of June Update

Hey lovelies,
Today is my monthly update post. I hope you enjoy!

TV Shows
I finished both Switched at Birth and RuPaul's Drag Race {featured in my previous monthly update | link} this month and ultimately found one new show and continued another show I love.
1. The Lying Game
The first show I've been loving is 'The Lying Game' which is about two twins who were separated at birth. (A somewhat similar idea to Switched At Birth). The show centres around these two, how different their lives are and the secrets they reveal as to why they were really separated. Sadly, the show got cancelled but the two seasons you can watch are amazing!






2. Pretty Little Liars
The second show I've been watching is PLL, something I've been completely obsessed with since it started. The new season is currently on and is meant to reveal Answers to a lot of questions the show has created. I recommend this to pretty much anyone, it's exciting, sometimes dark and still has a great humour to it. 




Books
I've read a lot of books this month, but two particular ones stood out to me;

1. Crown of Midnight by Sarah. J. Maas
The first to this series was mentioned in my previous monthly update, and due to how fast-paced, exciting and enjoyable it was I eagerly moved on to the second one. And, it did not disappoint. The whole storyline and world I find really interesting and completely engages me as a reader. I cannot wait to get my hands on the third book and other works written by Maas.
Rated 5 stars.

Favourite quote: “I worry because I care. Gods help me, I know I shouldn't, but I do. So I will always tell you to be careful, because I will always care what happens.” 









2. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
This second book has suddenly become one of my all time favourite reads. It's based on the story of Tiger Lily before, during and after meeting Peter Pan. I loved how beautifully and poetically it was written. Specifically, Tiger Lily herself was an enchanting protagonist and was somehow relatable even though nothing about her life matched up with mine. I recommend this read to everybody - honestly please read it. 
Rated 5 stars.

Favourite quote : “She did not believe he could have really gone, because for her, to leave the person you loved was impossible.” 




Music
My favourites for music this week are both singles and are also my favourites due to how insanely cool the music videos are - so I most definitely recommend checking them out!

1. Black Magic by Little Mix

I adore this song and more specifically the music video. The song is catchy and fun to sing, and the 'teenage witch' vibe the music video brings is super cool!








2. Get Stupid by Aston Merrygold
This is such a summer tune, and one I've been dancing to in the shower a hell of a lot recently. It has a Bruno Mars/Michael Jackson vibe.






Movie

Kingsman
I ended up renting this from Sky Movies on a rainy day, especially because I never ended up going to see it at the cinema. This was really funny and cool - especially with all the featured spy gadgets! Definitely great film to sit and watch when you're bored!







Thank you for reading lovelies,
I hope you're enjoying these monthly updates and to keep even more updated check me out on my social medias!

No comments:

Post a Comment