End Of August Update

Hey,
It's time for another end of the month update for you and this one is definitely going to be a packed one!

TV Shows
One of these shows is an all-time favourite of mine, whilst the other has become a new obsession. But, as you can tell both have the "rich, glamour" lifestyle vibe and both centre around hot weather and gorgeous beaches - perfect to keep my summer vibe going.
1. 90210
This is an all-time favourite of mine, that I think I've re-watched over 5 times! I just love the drama, beautiful scenery and of course extremely attractive actors in it. The character development is flawless across the seasons and doesn't feel forced. The show centres around a group of friends, living the privileged life and the problems that come with it. All but last season is on UK Netflix, so I definitely recommend a binge watch!
2. Rich Kids of Beverly Hills
Obviously, this is pretty similar to 90210, but is a reality TV show - so is a tad more realistic. This has a similar vibe to Keeping Up With The Kardashians - so I definitely recommend this if you like that. I must admit this show is more something I like to watch when I don't want to think to much, and it is honestly pretty cool getting to see the experiences they get to have.

Books
This month I ended up completing my Goodreads goal of reading 80 books which is immense! So, obviously I had to choose between a lot of book. Both ended up being the final instalments in trilogies - but I do recommend both of the trilogies!
1. We'll Always Have Summer [#3] (Summer Series) by Jenny Han
This series follows Belly (awful name I know), and her trips to their friends summer house every summer. It follows struggles she has to face, and how suddenly she starts to grow feelings for the two brothers she goes with. (Yes, I know a love triangle but honestly this is done so perfectly.) The last book was surprisingly my favourite and I actually teared up towards the end. Overall, the Summer series is a great set of contemporary books to read on holiday or just during the summer.
Rated 3.5 stars.

Favourite Quote:  “But just because you bury something, that doesn’t mean it stops existing. Those feelings, they’d been there all along. All that time. I had to face it. He was part of my DNA. I had brown hair and I had freckles and I would always have Conrad in my heart. ” 


2. Allegiant [#3] (Divergent Series) by Veronica Roth
I've adored this series from start to finish, the action, drama, concept and slight romance in the novel is perfect! For fans of The Hunger Games, I definitely recommend starting this! Also, check out the films as I love the films as well. This series centres around Tris and a society that places people into factions, of which Tris has to decide to stay with her family in Abnegation or take a risk and move somewhere else. Luckily, I loved the final book but it has started a lot of controversy so be prepared!
Rated 5 stars.

Favourite Quote: “There are so many ways to be brave in this world. Sometimes bravery involves laying down your life for something bigger than yourself, or for someone else. Sometimes it involves giving up everything you have ever known, or everyone you have ever loved, for the sake of something greater. But sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk toward a better life. That is the sort of bravery I must have now.” 

Music
I've mainly just been listening to this playlist, on spotify and its great to keep up to date with the current hits and favourites! I've also been loving Slow Motion by Trey Songz. 

Film
I adored the 'Riot Club' this month, it was completely different to what I expected but was so phenomenal and had such a lesson behind it. I recommend going into this not knowing anything because then you'll be just as shocked as I was. And, honestly look at that cast who could turn down watching that?!














Favourite Picture



Favourite Outfit

Favourite Quote

Thank you for reading, 
Hope you found some inspiration,



No comments:

Post a Comment