Dupe for Bioderma: L'Oréal Paris Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution

Hey lovelies!
Today I thought I'd do a review on a skincare product I've been using for a good three months now - it's the L'Oreal Paris Purifying Micellar solution.

Now for those of you who don't know what micellar solution is, it's pretty much water that removes and breaks down your make-up. It's similar in aspect to eye make-up remover but normally has additional benefits, such as it's also a cleanser and is normally extremely lightweight and gentle.

The L'Oreal solution claims to:

  1. Dissolve make-up
  2. Unclog pores and remove impurities
  3. Tone and soothe skin 
  4. It also states it's suitable for sensitive skin
I've used this at night to remove my make-up, especially my eye make-up by soaking it on a damp cotton wool pad and then lightly rubbing my face. I then go in after with a cleanser, twice (once to fully remove my make-up and the second to get into all my pores).


Now, firstly I agree with the fact it dissolves make-up as it does break down my eye make-up fairly easy but I wouldn't say it completely removes it. I definitely have to go in with at least a cleanser once, possibly twice after using this with make-up on. Furthermore, it's unscented which is great but I still find it stings my eyes every so often but that's as far as it goes for upsetting my skin. I've found it hasn't made any difference to unclog my pores nor toning my skin - especially as I use a separate product in my skincare for both of those things. I would say it doesn't soothe my skin either but ultimately it doesn't upset nor aggravate it. The one thing I love about it is how quick and easy it is to use for the cheap price is is. I love using this when I've come back from a late night out and I'm too tired, and possibly not in the right state, to remove my make-up properly. I would recommend this to the lazy skincare girls out there - this will be your lifesaver! Another thing I love about this product is the packaging (odd I know), I just really like that the packaging is so simple and you can see how much product you have left. Furthermore, how it's dispensed is great as it's really easy to control the amount you want, so you don't accidentally waste half a bottle on over soaking a cotton wool pad. 

Now, is it a dupe for the Bioderma? I'd say no. From the limited uses I've had of Bioderma, I'd say it doesn't compare. Although this product is fairly average if you're looking for a cheaper substitute I would try looking somewhere else. Although, if you're done with splashing out and wanted to settle for something that isn't as amazing as Bioderma than I'd definitely recommend giving this a go. I'd also say this is suitable for any and every skin type so do not fear in using this product. (Unless you're obviously allergic to a certain ingredient or are extremely sensitive then be careful)!

You can purchase this here.

Thank you for reading!
Please don't hesitate to follow me on BlogLovin, or subscribe to me on here!
Victoria Louise 

No comments:

Post a Comment