Origins Clear Improvements Mask Review

Hey lovelies,

Today I thought I'd do a review on the popular Origins 'Clear Improvements' mask. It retails at a price of £23, which puts it in the more higher end of skincare. Although, I do believe the price isn't unfair compared to how much product you get. If you don't know much about Origins, it's a brand that promotes products containing natural plants, oils and products that contain thorough scientific research and technology on getting the best product for you. Origin's are known worldwide for their masks and supported from the likes of Tanya Burr,  I was easily sold on buying them. I bought this mask a good while back now so have been able to use it multiple times and gain as deep an understanding as possible.

The Basics

This mask is recommend for skin containing clogged pores, i.e blackheads. It contains charcoal, white china clay and lecithin all designed to draw out impurities and absorbs environmental pollutants.

How to use?
Origins recommend using this once a week, after cleansing. Open your pores with a warm, damp towel and then layer the mask on, Leave it to dry - mine took between 5 to 10 minutes depending on how thickly I had applied the mask. Then rinse off the mask well with mildly warm water. 

The Review

Overall, I sadly wasn't majorly impressed with this mask. After using this multiple times I've not really seen a noticeable difference - sometimes it would draw out impurities and I'd wake up with a few spots in the morning. So, I wouldn't recommend using it the night before an important event. It also didn't decrease any of my blackheads that are collected around my nose, if anything I feel the colour of the mask (grey) ended up exaggerating my blackheads. I find it does leave my skin quite tight and dry in places (as clay masks usually do) so I don't recommend for dry skin types. When I applied the mask I would leave my skin free of the product due to me having quite dehydrated/dry cheeks because of my fussy combination skin type.
Me rocking the mask 
But, before I get completely Negative Nellie, I must admit the product is definitely good value for money as such a small amount goes an extremely long way. I could get away with using a pound coin-sized amount for the whole of my face. Also, it dries extremely quickly so you aren't sat around waiting ages for it to dry! Also, I don't mind the smell either. Furthermore, it's super simple and easy to use, and I adore the packaging - purely because you can easily determine how much product you have left and can easily dispense the product to the exact amount you desire.


Overall, I don't think I will repurchase this mask. As even though the mask isn't awful, I purely just don't see the point in buying a mask that doesn't deliver the results I desire. I will be purchasing the Aesop Parsley Seed Masque.


Thank you for reading!
Victoria Louise x



1 comment:

  1. Interesting review, i was expecting this product to be much better!

    Aliya x
    http://thegirl-09.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete